Monday, May 4, 2009

Trying to stay awake, so why not UPDATE?! :)

So... I am trying to stay awake to call a drs. office this morning, and as you can see from my previous post I have been reading (but, hey enough is enough!). :) So, to keep myself busy I will update, after having fallen behind with so many days/nights with little sleep.

I have two appmts. this week. The dermatologist in regards to the odd hair loss pattern (neuropathy or not?) on my legs, and the rheumatologist. YES! I FINALLY got an appmt. with a rheumatologist, after that one secretary taking over a month to more or less pass on the referral baton. She never made an appmt. so finally the PCP made the appmt. That whole thing was just ridiculous!

I started Florinef a little over a week ago now. I have had mixed results on it. The biggest side effect has been weight loss (10 pounds), which I don't mind so much, EXCEPT this med is supposed to make you retain water and in turn gain weight. So, yet again I am having the exact opposite reaction. So, that is why I have to stay awake, is to call that drs. office. I called Fri. EARLY, but they never called me back!!! ERRRR!!! And I called back two or three times later in the day, but it went directly to voicemail. So, time for round two!

Sleep is still an issue. I FINALLY got FOUR solid hours yesterday during the day, and woke up to not knowing what day, time of day, or where I was. It didn't take me long to figure it out, but I was sleeping pretty hard! I then got another 1-2 hour nap in, and ran a couple of errands. Came back had dinner etc. I then got another 1-2hours sleep, and woke up wide awake unable to go back to sleep and have been awake since. Now I am getting tired and want to go to sleep, although I likely would have a difficult time... At least the storms of last week have gone through, it has gotten cooler, and the humidity is down. With the neuropathy one of the things that makes sleep the most difficult is humidity. I just can not get comfortable, and it continues to wake me up.

On Friday after 3-4 phone calls and having to wait a week for an answer, I finally got the answer from the cardiologists office that YES, I am supposed to be on both of the medications at the same time. My PCP had questioned this and made me call them, then earlier in the week they told me that NO according to the records I was only supposed to be on one of them, but that they would check. I never heard back, and had to make multiple calls, and talk to multiple people before I could get an actual answer! They had me worried that I had been taking the wrong meds for FOUR months! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment